iOS UCB Failure

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser iOS UCB Failure

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chad
    Participant

Hello Piotr, I recently tried upgrading to 2.0.1 (I’m using Unity 2019.1.14f1) and I keep getting a build error in the Unity Cloud Builder (using Xcode 10.2) and in my own builds with Xcode 10:

18619: ▸ Linking athena
    18620: ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    18621: ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    18622: ▸ Compiling mscorlib3.cpp
    18623: ▸ Compiling mscorlib21.cpp
    18624: ❌; Undefined symbols for architecture armv7
    18625: > mscorlib3.o
    18626: > mscorlib21.o
    18627: ▸ Compiling mscorlib20.cpp
    18628: ▸ Compiling mscorlib2.cpp
    18629: ▸ Compiling mscorlib19.cpp
    18630: ▸ Compiling mscorlib18.cpp
    18631: ▸ Compiling mscorlib17.cpp
    18632: ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
    18633: The following build commands failed:
    18634: Ld /BUILD_PATH/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-fnflmxwkhslymdcsndbvtomyogqa/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/athena normal armv7
    18635: (1 failure)
    18636: Exit status: 65

I did find some old files in the iOS Plugins directory from the previous version and removed those, but I still see this build error.

Any thoughts what I could try?

Thank you!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,

Logs should put details of those “undefined symbols”, like here:
    Undefined symbols for architecture armv7

What’s listed under it?

Chad
    Participant

Apologies – I just realized UCB doesn’t output that information for some odd reason. Here’s the output directly from Xcode:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
      "___isPlatformVersionAtLeast", referenced from:
          -[WebKitInAppBrowserViewController startLoadingWebView] in InAppWebBrowser.a(WebKitInAppBrowserViewController.o)
          -[WebKitInAppBrowserViewController webView:decidePolicyForNavigationAction:decisionHandler:] in InAppWebBrowser.a(WebKitInAppBrowserViewController.o)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    Chad
    Participant

It sounds like this could be an issue with Xcode 11, so it is likely that we won’t see the error if we build our projects with Xcode 11. Unfortunately, Unity Cloud Builder is still on 10, so that will be broken for the time being.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/123003

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Chad,
    I created different version which is not using @available API. All should be working in exact same way.

Could you try it out and let me know about results?
    Download .a file here.
    And then replace file from Plugins/iOS. Do not forget to regenerate xcode project.

Chad
    Participant

Just tested with the latest version on UCB and everything built great. Thank you for fixing this!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.