iOS 11 beta error when starting recording again

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer iOS 11 beta error when starting recording again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mcmullensmith
    Participant

Hi,
    First off I want to say this is a great plugin.

I am getting an error recently when stopping a recording on iOS and starting again, the error is:
    Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘com.apple.coreaudio.avfaudio’, reason: ‘required condition is false: Format’

Testing on iOS 10 the plugin works fine and it’s possible this error may be resolved in another iOS11 release but I wanted to let you know and see if you had any suggestions on how I may be able to work around the issue.

I can provide more logging info if needed. Searching for what the error meant I did come across this possible solution, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42470848/coreaudio-crash-avaudioionodeimpl-mm365-gethwformat-required-condition-is. Not having any insight into what is happening behind the scenes this may not be the correct solution.

Cheers!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by mcmullensmith.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Thanks for message, it’s really helpful!
    That stackoverflow post, I think, gives a solution for that, although I am not sure if it’s needed since they might fix it in release version of iOS11.
    Would you like to test it out anyway?
    I could send you updated version of library. I don’t have access to iOS11 beta right now.

mcmullensmith
    Participant

I would really appreciate an updated version of the library to test it out. Cheers!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Please check your email 🙂

mcmullensmith
    Participant

Thank you! The fix worked. I submitted feedback to Apple since your plugin worked on the developer Beta but not the Public beta.

Cheers!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Great! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.