Audio recording while using Mobile Speech Recognizer

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Audio recording while using Mobile Speech Recognizer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    yosi1202
    Participant

I am using “Mobile Speech Recognizer”, and it works great,
    but i am trying to record audio while the speech recognizer is on and i doesnt work,
    is there a way to fix it? is there a way to use recorded audio (an audio clip object)
    to generate text with speech recognizer?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

How are you trying to record audio?
    There’s no supported way to use recorded clip as an input for recognition.

yosi1202
    Participant

Microphone.Start(“”, true, 20, 44100);

It works when not trying to recognize speech

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think it might be in conflict with plugin recording audio at the same time.
    My idea for fixing that is adding a callback which will pass recorded chunks to C# callback, something like OnAudioRecorded(audioChunk: byteArrayOrSomething).

But… that would take some time. Would be able to contribute and add this feature on any platform?

yosi1202
    Participant

sorry i didnt understand the solution, can you explain?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Internally plugin receives audio chunks as a byte array and sends it to recognition engine and then send result to Unity. There could be another optional callback which would take those bytes before sending to engine so anyone from outside could use it measure volume, convert to mp3 etc.

yosi1202
    Participant

OK, but how do I do that? SpeechRecognizer has only start and stop recording function and no callback for what you say, I dont see any options to change what is sent to the recognition engine or catch it before sending, if you could please explain what functions or callback can I us, there is nothing related to it in the code or the documentations

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I am asking if you would be able to add this feature to at least one platform.
    I could share source code with you and if that’s an option I would be able to cover 2nd platform.

yosi1202
    Participant

That is what I am trying to do, but right now I dont have much to work with

yosi1202
    Participant

???

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

For external viewers: yosi1202 was given access to Android project so he can start work on adding this feature.

chienbnb00859
    Participant

Has this problem been resolved ?, I am also having difficulty in Audio recording while using Mobile Speech Recognizer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.