Unity 2017.4.3 and youtube

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Unity 2017.4.3 and youtube

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gaspar
    Participant

Hello!

Youtube videos do not work in new Unity. It looks like it because of this changes:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/android-androidmanifest-dot-xml-merge-does-not-reflect-android-hardwareaccelerated-equals-true

I was able to fix this by adding this code into onCreateDialog:
    “dialog.getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_HARDWARE_ACCELERATED,
    WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_HARDWARE_ACCELERATED);”

I hope it will be added to next version if this fix is correct.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

How did you that code o onCreateDialog method?

myutini
    Participant

Can you please share steps on how to fix it? I need YouTube running on my current project. Thanks.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sent a patch on your email. Let me know if it works for you.

myutini
    Participant

Applied your patched. Works perfectly. YouTube videos are now playing, no erratic scrolling anymore.

Brathnann
    Participant

Having issues with this. Can I get that patch also? Unity keeps turning off the acceleration I think (we see it off in the manifest file in the temp folder)

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Patch for it was released long time ago. Please update plugin via asset store.

Brathnann
    Participant

We just bought the asset 3 weeks ago. We were still having issues with the youtube videos on some devices.

We were seeing hardware acceleration being set to false in the manifest file, but some devices are performing fine, others aren’t, so we wanted to double check on here and found this post. Figured I’d double check if this patch was in the asset store build.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.