Support for WideViewport and Overview Mode

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Support for WideViewport and Overview Mode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ericmaslowski
    Participant

Hello,
    First, great plugin. Clean, well organized, etc. Nicely done.

Do have, or can you add, support for “overview” and “wide viewport” modes? When viewing on mobile some webpages are best viewed using these methods especially if they have elements that don’t scale down well. (ex. dynamic charts/graphs, tables, etc.)

Android examples:
    setuseWideViewPort(): Sets whether the web view should enable support for the “viewport” HTML meta tag or should use a wide viewport. Makes the Webview have a normal viewport (such as a normal desktop browser), while when false the webview will have a viewport constrained to its own dimensions (so if the webview is 50px*50px the viewport will be the same size (link)

setLoadWithOverviewMode(): Sets whether the web view loads pages in overview mode, that is, zooms out the content to fit on screen by width. (link)

This would be a HUGE help on my current project and will allow me to stick with the plugin as we’re generating reports in-app as HTML and some elements just can’t scale well.

Thanks for considering it.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey,
    Thank you!

It looks like great API addition. Currently I am out for whole February so I am wondering if it’s something you could implement by yourself if I sent you source code?
    If not, I can either to make a blind try without actually testing it or perhaps you can wait for 3 weeks?

ericmaslowski
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of experience with straight Android apps. I know just enough to be dangerous. I can wait a few weeks and happy to test anything you come up with. Thanks and happy travels!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Ok, please use flawed version for now. I will send you a patch at beginning of March. Thanks!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,
    I had chance to look at it. Would you like to test it out? I could send you updated version on your email.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.