Speech Recognizer and Recording.

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Speech Recognizer and Recording.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    plam
    Participant

Hi, Piotr.

I read this post #1315 and I have a same trouble.

I want to come true to use this recognizer and recording the voice same time.

・Android Platform
    ・IOS if you can

Could you share the solution?
    I’ll work together to achieve this.
    Thank you.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sorry, there is no any API for that.

plam
    Participant

Hi, Thank you for your reply.

I mean my post is the same post below.

====================================================================
    Title : Audio recording while using Mobile Speech Recognizer

Piotr
    Keymaster
    How are you trying to record audio?
    There’s no supported way to use recorded clip as an input for recognition.

yosi1202
    Microphone.Start(“”, true, 20, 44100);

It works when not trying to recognize speech

Piotr
    Keymaster
    Yeah, I think it might be in conflict with plugin recording audio at the same time.
    My idea for fixing that is adding a callback which will pass recorded chunks to C# callback, something like OnAudioRecorded(audioChunk: byteArrayOrSomething).

But… that would take some time. Would be able to contribute and add this feature on any platform?

Piotr
    Keymaster
    Internally plugin receives audio chunks as a byte array and sends it to recognition engine and then send result to Unity. There could be another optional callback which would take those bytes before sending to engine so anyone from outside could use it measure volume, convert to mp3 etc.

Piotr
    Keymaster
    I am asking if you would be able to add this feature to at least one platform.
    I could share source code with you and if that’s an option I would be able to cover 2nd platform.

====================================================================

I don’t know the way adding a callback which will pass recorded chunks to C# callback.

Could you tell me the way to this??

By the way, I wanted to donate to you with the feeling of a book, but I can’t send money from Japan.
    Thank you for your great support.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

plam, API for gathering users audio input is just buggy, especially on Android. Thats why its not integrated into plugin. If you want to play it with, let me know, can send you sources.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.