Send audio data separately

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Send audio data separately

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fenda
    Participant

I’m using Dissonance for in-game multiplayer voice chat. Sending data in real time to both dissonance and speech recognizer at the same time doesn’t seem to work.

Is there some other way I can send the data through your plugin? Dissonance does give me access to the audio data after the user speaks.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

No, sorry, there’s no any API for that. I’ve checked underlying APIs and it seems possible for iOS but not for Android.
    cool bike btw 🙂

fenda
    Participant

Thanks 😉

That’s frustrating.. hmm. I wonder what the best way to approach this would be.
    Is it possible to do the opposite? Get the sound file / buffer back from your speech recognition so that I can pass it through to Dissonance?

The only other alternative really is for me to use the Google Cloud Speech Recognition APIs.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster
    EducupEducup
    Participant

I like to use this feature too.

fenda
    Participant

hi again @Piotr – I got it working with iOS but no luck with Android still. I am trying to capture the microphone input for voice chat and speech recognition at the same time but Android doesn’t seem to like that on either Android 9 or 10.

I think I may be entirely stuck here. Any crazy ideas?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.