QR in PWA and/or button over In-appbrowser window

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser QR in PWA and/or button over In-appbrowser window

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    digitalego
    Participant

Hi, Piotr!
    I have a problem with permissions I guess. Im trying to implement native (both iOS and Android) version of PWA https://aswine.realesmedia.info/ (in progress). If you open it with smartphone you can see PWA with “QR button” to scan pre-made codes and its working fine in Chrome etc just asking for permitions to use camera. But in In-appbrowser it doesnt work that way. So Im looking for workaround or solution and asking 2 questions:
    1) Is there any manifest or code settings to make camera work? Because Im using EasyAR stack and permitions for application are Ok but not for inner browser I guess.
    2) If its a problem is it possible to place any object over In-appbrowser – lets say button to overlap PWA scan button because native application has improved functionality with AR label and QR scanner?
    The only alternative solution I think is to send javascript to PWA via bridge to hide its original button s code to Unity-oriented variant.But I hope there is more elegant way.
    Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by digitalego.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hmm if you want to implement it native why are you using this plugin? 🙂

This is WebView wrapper so by no chance it won’t be native, which seems to better choice for you.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Have you requested permissions using Unity’s API?
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-RequestingPermissions.html

digitalego
    Participant

Its obvious like why you use WordPress being coder – cause its faster and cheaper in current case.By ntive I mean Unity builds that are possible by “maÅ‚a krew” – no need to code separately and faster AR implementation. Just this. I had both PWA and fast MVP for Android and iOS in mind. But no skills in native. * by “native” I mean preinstalled

digitalego
    Participant

Il try it once more (bout permissions). But like I said app itself has permissions as it use camera for AR sessions of EasyAR. So it uses camera and scans labels and after recognizing opens browser window with recognized wine/ But then its impossible to use PWAs inner QR scanner – it doesnt even ask permissions and shows just black screen

digitalego
    Participant

I see that its not a best practice to make biz- and web-apps with Unity but its fast and cheap way to prototype and analize it. I could build a one-page browser but couldnt wire it with AR recognition engine like EasyAR for free – it has 500 targets limit which is enough for prototype – and I load them all inside without clouds etc…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by digitalego.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I think you misunderstood my question – if you want to have native experience you should not use this plugin as it’s simple built-in browser. My intention was to have developers quick way for showing some HTML content without having users going out of their app (and maybe not going back). That includes stuff like help pages, support forums etc.

It seems you have to add some extra stuff in AndroidManifest:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22376202/camera-not-opening-in-webview/31238542

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.