Please support Chinese on Android

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Please support Chinese on Android

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    antlaw
    Participant

Hi Developer,

Thanks very much for developing this plugin. I have tested it on both IOS and android. While everything is fine on IOS, I found that all kinds of chinese languages are not supported on Android. It is kinda strange because when I use another speech recognition plugin on the same android machines (yes, I tested it on several android machines of different brands), Chinese is supported. That means the Chinese unsupported problem is not machine dependent. I also checked Google Cloud Speech-to-Text supports various kind of chinese(https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text/docs/languages). Could you please fix the plugin to support Chinese on Android as well?

antlaw
    Participant

A further test on it, I found that Chinese is supported, but some language names are wrong. For example, yue-Hant-HK is mapped to Vietnamese (Vietnam), but actually “yue-Hant-HK” is Cantonese Hong Kong. Can the language name mapping be fixed?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Those mappings are coming from your OS so dont think I can do anything about it. Also not sure how did you come from „Chinese is not supported” to this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.