OAuth 2.0 authorization with browser – cache issues

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser OAuth 2.0 authorization with browser – cache issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thomasfaget
    Participant

Hello,

I use the browser to perform a login with the OAuth 2.0 authorization process with Office.

The process is the following :

1- I open a url in the browser (url 1) that points to a Office login page
    2- I log-in with my login account
    3- I close the browser once log-in is performed
    4- I open a other url in the browser(url 2, which is different from url 1) that points to an other Office login page
    5- I log-in again with the same login account

Notice that the process requieres two authentications to be completed (step 2 & 5).

On Android, I remark that the second authentication (step 5) is implicitly skipped because the browser conserves the credentials in the cache, even if url 1 is different from url 2. (I never clear the cache of the browser).
    So the user has to type his email/password only one time, which is interesting for the user clicksteam.

However, on iOS, I note that the second authentication is not skipped. The user has to type his email/password two times, one per authentication.

I don’t know why the behaviour is different between Android and iOS.
    Do you have some information about this ?
    Is the cache differently managed between Android and iOS ?
    Is there a solution to have this behaviour on iOS too ?

Thank you !

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey,
    Plugin uses native components from each platform so you might see differences like that.
    I recommend doing some research and googling for WKWebView – things like “WKWebView share cookies”, “WKWebView share credentials” etc. – I am not sure how this login saves information on a browser, but I guess there is something missing, maybe some configuration. If you find a possible reason let me know so we can try it out.

thomasfaget
    Participant

Thank you !

I will try to get some information about this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.