Moved: Error

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Moved: Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JezPez
    Participant

Hi Piotr,
    I also am having this issue on iOS.

Looking at you excellent example scene : “ExampleJavaScriptCommunicationScene”
    I can see that you need the InAppBrowserBridge to be present in the root of the scene to receive the callback and other browser events.

I added InAppBrowserBridge prefab to my scene, but now in Xcode I can’t build. I’m getting 2 errors:
    :-1: Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_InAppBrowserViewController
    :-1: Undefined symbol: _OBJC_CLASS_$_InAppBrowserConfig

With this message:
    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_InAppBrowserViewController”, referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in iOSInAppBrowser.o
    “_OBJC_CLASS_$_InAppBrowserConfig”, referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in iOSInAppBrowser.o
    l_OBJC_$_CATEGORY_InAppBrowserConfig_$_DisplayOptionsStruct in iOSInAppBrowser.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any ideas?
    That sample scene works fine when I build an iOS package (ExampleJavaScriptCommunicationScene) so I can’t figure it out.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I moved this reply to new topic as it didnt seem to have anything related to original topic.

It seems you are missing those files (InAppBrowserViewController.mm) from your output Xcode project.

JezPez
    Participant

You were correct, I had removed the InAppBrowserViewController.mm Thanks!

I am having another issue now. My browser session ends in a 302 redirect to the apps custom Url Type, when I would like to close the browser and come back to the application. I know this Url works to open the app because, from a link, I am able to launch the app.

But when this In App Browser receives the 302 redirect, I see the following error in the logs in Xcode:

ERROR:Error Domain=WebKitErrorDomain Code=102 “Frame load interrupted” UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=com.jigspace.jigsignupsample://dev-jigspace.auth0.com/ios/com.JigSpace.JigSignupSample/callback?code=QlT1tYAYMyb5aR2&state=itsastate
    InAppBrowserBridge:OnBrowserFinishedLoadingWithError(String)

What should I do to close the browser upon receiving a redirect like this?

BTW: I am trying to achieve an OAuth2 interactive flow.

JezPez
    Participant

I figured it out.

Seems like the WebView may always throw a Domain=WebKitErrorDomain Code=102 “Frame load interrupted” when it encounters a redirect.

Anyway you are still able to register for the openUrl in an AppDelegate .mm class of your choosing.

To help some future Googlers who come here, this is how I was able to do it:

1. Register a Url in Unity for iOS: PlayerSettings > Other Settings > Supported URL Schemes > Here, add your apps url identifier. EG: com.Company.ProjectName
    2. Make a new Unity Game Object Prefab at the root of your scene, call it OpenUrlReceiver.
    3. Attach a script to the OpenUrlReceiver, call it OpenUrlReceiver.cs. Put one method inside:
    public void ReceiveOpenUrl(string url)
    {
    Debug.Log(“Got an app open url: ” + query);
    }
    4.Make sure the Assets>Plugins>iOS contains the following files from this plugin:
    InAppBrowserViewController.mm
    InAppBrowserViewController.h
    iOSInAppBrowser.mm
    OrientationNavigationViewController.h
    OrientationNavigationViewController.m
    5. Create your own .mm file in the same place as those above called MyApp.mm and inside put the following obj c code:

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import “UnityAppController.h”
    #import “UI/UnityView.h”
    #import “UI/UnityViewControllerBase.h”

@interface MyApp : UnityAppController
    – (BOOL)application:(UIApplication*)application openURL:(NSURL*)url sourceApplication:(NSString*)sourceApplication annotation:(id)annotation;

@end

@implementation MyApp

extern void UnitySendMessage(const char*, const char*, const char*);

– (BOOL)application:(UIApplication*)app openURL:(NSURL*)url options:(NSDictionary<NSString*, id>*)options
    {
    const char* fullUrl = [[[url absoluteString] stringByRemovingPercentEncoding] UTF8String];

UnitySendMessage(“OpenUrlReceiver”, “ReceiveOpenUrl”, fullUrl);

return [super application:app openURL:url options:options];
    }

6. Build your app to iOS and open in Xcode
    7. Run the app on a device.
    8. Open a browser to somewhere which will end up with a redirect flow back to your app, or go to this test url:https://universaldeeplinking.imaginationoverflow.com/test
    and enter a url your app expects: com.Company.ProjectName://hellothere
    9. See in the Xcode logs, the debug output:
    Got an app open url: com.Company.ProjectName://hellothere

JezPez
    Participant

I forgot one step:

Before you build the iOS project from Unity. (before step 6 above).
    You need to move the InAppBrowserBridge prefab into your scene at the root. (Assets/InAppBrowser/Prefabs/InAppBrowserBridge)

JezPez
    Participant

Upon further investigation, most identity providers are deliberately blocking use of In-App browsers for Authentication because the default in app browser for iOS and Android is not secure.

Read more here: https://auth0.com/blog/google-blocks-oauth-requests-from-embedded-browsers/

As such, this plugin is not appropriate for OAuth interactive login purposes.

The proper iOS way for authentication is to open a ASWebAuthenticationSession (iOS 12+) or SFAuthenticationSession (iOS 11):
    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/authenticationservices/aswebauthenticationsession
    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/safariservices/sfauthenticationsession

Sadly there is no plugin out there which opens a secure browser so I guess I’m writing one!

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.