localStorage support?

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser localStorage support?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pezo1919
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve just bought your plugin and I’ve found it does not work as I expected. I have a webapp which uses localStorage, and I thought your plugin uses it as well.

Is there any way to workaround this? I think it would be crucial, there are lot of client side webapps out there which heavily use localStorage.

I have a game with many levels, the whole state (levels + currentlevelID + etc.) is stored in localStorage; and I want my user to at least continue the game on the latest level (which I store in localStorage).

Best Regards,
    Zoltan

pezo1919
    Participant

I forgot to mention I tried it on Pixel2 android emulator.

I don’t know about iOS behaviour.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

What exactly is happening? Do you see any JS errors while using LocalStorage?

pezo1919
    Participant

I have a webapp on the web, which uses localStorage.

If I open it via iOS WKWebView, it can use localStorage, which means if I open the iOS app itself, when it loads up the webapp it will use the localStorage as well, so I can store state on client and use it in my webapp.

I want to do the same thing with your unity plugin -to unify ios and android platforms and use just one codebase to create a webview (and later show ads).

When I use your plugin, it can load up the webapp properly. But if I close the unity app with your plugin, when I reopen it – it loads the initial state of my webapp: which means it does not use localStorage.

“Do you see any JS errors while using LocalStorage?” – Unfortunately I don’t know your plugin, how can I find this out?

But my main question is: should it even work, aka. does your plugin support localStorage?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Thanks for those explanations.
    So it seems it does not support, although it should be really easy to add.

Open iOSInAppBrowser.mm from Plugins/iOS directory and add that line:
    [[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setBool:YES forKey:@"WebKitStoreWebDataForBackup"];

just after _OpenInAppBrowser declaration.

So it should look like that:

void _OpenInAppBrowser(char *URL, struct DisplayOptions displayOptions) {
            [[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setBool:YES forKey:@"WebKitStoreWebDataForBackup"];
            NSString *urlAsString = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:URL];
            _ShowURLWithDisplayOptions(urlAsString, displayOptions);
        }

Let me know if that worked for you.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by PiotrPiotr.
    pezo1919
    Participant

Okay, thanks I will try it.

However, can you please help me with the Android version as well? As I mentioned above, I tried it on a Pixel XL 2 Simulator (with Android), and it didn’t worked.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sent patched version on your email. Let me know if that works for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.