Issue with ios image uploads

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Issue with ios image uploads

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theboosted1
    Participant

Thought I’d start a new thread on this issue: on my old iphone 5 running ios 8, i had no problems uploading images, however the phone was not displaying some page elements correctly (its old).
    So i got my hands on an iphone 6 running ios 11, the page elements load correctly but image uploads no longer work. When the ios menu pops up asking to select images or take a photo, any choice you select (even cancel) closes (or crashes) in app browser. I’m not seeing any errors or logs either.
    I’m not sure why it works on the old iphone 5 but not the 6. Using the iphone built in browser works on both devices for the record.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

theboosted1
    Participant

This error shows when InAppBrowser crashes when attempting an image upload (when you select camera/ video option in IOS menu).
    I also had to add camera permissions in the info.plist file, however i have no idea if its working as InAppBrowser crashes just before that point. here is the error:

2018-01-23 19:14:53.873 appname[312:32242] Warning: Attempt to present <UIImagePickerController: 0x14480e800> on <UINavigationController: 0x144240600> whose view is not in the window hierarchy!

Maybe something like this? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28379327/ios-warning-attempt-to-present-viewcontroller-whose-view-is-not-in-the-window/28379914

theboosted1
    Participant

as for my first post, the problem between the older and newer iphones was in ios 10, apple requires a info.plist to ask permission (camera, photos) from the user. they did not require this prior to ios 10, and therefore InAppBrowser handled image uploads just fine.
    However the .plist requirement seems to be secondary to the crashing error I posted above.

theboosted1
    Participant

Have you been able to take a look at this IOS error? I can’t seem to get past it, really need IOS image uploads working.

-Scott

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I had chance to take a look at it. Can you test it out? I could send you patch on your email.

theboosted1
    Participant

Yes please! theboosted1@gmail.com
    I’ll test it out as soon as i get home.
    And welcome back!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Send you beta version. Looking forward for testing results 🙂

theboosted1
    Participant

Ios image uploads seem to be working great so far. It’s late so I’m going to test more in the morning.

Thank you for working this out!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.