In-App Browser not triggering in android build

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser In-App Browser not triggering in android build

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ApexRalph
    Participant

Hi I’ve been trying to make the in-app browser work in android. Previously it worked when using any Unity 2019 version but when we bumped up to Unity 2020 it’s not working anymore. I’ve tried to use the existing scene in the asset but it’s still not working. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks

ApexRalph
    Participant

Specifically the version that we’re currently using is 2020.1.2f1.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi, what do you mean by not working? Page isn’t loading? Browser isn’t opened at all? Do you see any error logs? Did you check if plugin’s JAR file is exported to your build?

ApexRalph
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to Android Development. I can see that the JAR files are inside the Plugins/Android. Are there cases where the JAR can’t be included on the APK? My result is that I see no browser popup after clicking the button and I don’t see any errors on the console of the development build. I can provide you a link for the sample project, build, and screenshot if you want.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by ApexRalph.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Try running adb logcat or open Android Studio and check errors in logcat coming from Android. They won’t be visible in Unity console.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Are you using proguard by any chance?

ApexRalph
    Participant

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. I just checked the Load On Startup setting in the InAppBrowser plugin and it works now. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.