Browser back button

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Browser back button

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dan
    Participant

Hi – great tool, great integration; is there a “back button” to return to previous web page as user navigates through view? Similar to twitter, reddit in-app browsers?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks for message.
    There’s back button displayed by plugin itself but, by default, it’s closing the browser.
    There’s also an option to display page full – screen and manually handle closing with custom buttons.

Is it something you could implement in your HTML / JS code?
    If not, do you think plugin should display both exit and back button?

I would appreciate suggestions here.

GFX47
    Participant

You can call this when the OnAndroidBackButtonPressed event is triggered:
    InAppBrowser.ExecuteJS("window.history.back();");

nano
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Who can help me please with BACK button, why it isn’t working as should in browser ? Back button closes browser instead of returning to previous page as should.

How to make BACK button which will return to previous page ? Can anybody help me ? Look at next code snippet that I’ve tried in Unity C#, but this code doesn’t work ! Maybe I’m doing something wrong ?

void Start() {
    LoadPage(“https://www.google.com/”);
    }

void LoadPage(string url) {
    InAppBrowser.DisplayOptions opts = new InAppBrowser.DisplayOptions();

opts.hidesTopBar = true;
    opts.androidBackButtonCustomBehaviour = true;

InAppBrowser.OpenURL(url, opts);
    }

public void OnBackClick()
    {
    InAppBrowser.ExecuteJS(“window.history.back();”);
    }

void Update() {
    if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Home) || Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Return) || Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Escape)) {
    OnBackClick();
    }
    }

theboosted1
    Participant

Yes! I need this functionality desperately (IOS and Android)! the ability to go backwards thru pages and a back “exit” button. I have an app released on the stores and have been getting complaints lately about being kicked back to my main menu. My client is pushy lol. Being that your plug-in is so reasonably priced, I am willing to use your donation link. (or if someone here can provide be their solution)

Scott
    Sector 1 Designs

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I am working on adding two additional buttons in top bar – back and forward buttons. Stay tuned.

theboosted1
    Participant

Great news!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sent you beta version of a patch. Looking forward for you testing results!

issfire
    Participant

I could really use the back button as well. Already bought the package on Unity Store as well. Any chance I can get the beta?

theboosted1
    Participant

The update works great. Tested on android and ios. Both are uploaded to the stores. You even got image uploads working on IOS!
    If you could add the ability to scale the navigation arrows and adjust spacing that would be killer.
    Great job, this is a truly powerful plugin now.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

@issfire please send my invoice number on my email and I’ll send you a patch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.