Audio still running on background

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Audio still running on background

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    epicghani
    Participant

Greetings, i’d like to ask for help regarding this issue. I am currently opening a unity webgl build via in-app web browser on my mobile phone, the problem is that whenever press home while the browser is open, the audio from the webgl is still playing. is there any way to fix this?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sorry, I am not sure I understand you correctly, you are asking me how to stop audio in webGL?
    Also.. are you using this plugin in Unity app in order go open browser which opens another web app written in Unity… ?

epicghani
    Participant

Yes i am using the plugin to open another game written in unity. I have successfully integrated callbacks on both builds. the only problem i have now is that the audio of the web app is still running on background when minimizing the main app. is there any fix on this?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Are you sure about your tech stack?
    You are using Unity in order to open a WebView which will open another WebGL Unity app? 😀

I guess you can listen for application pause and turn sound off using regular API:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63707032/unity3d-webgl-mute-the-sound-when-tab-or-browser-inactive

epicghani
    Participant

my original plan was to create a standalone app outside unity to call unity web games, but my superior asked to add a character creation on the main app that’s why i ended up using unity for the main app.. but i’ll check out the link you posted. might just need to do more javascript on my web games

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Can’t you just integrate those other games into your main Unity project?

epicghani
    Participant

We decided to go through with this method to make it load games dynamically and easily update each games without needing a patch for the main app.

Our IOS team is having this issue when building the app for IOS. is there any fix for this?

https://postimg.cc/F7dCks0T

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Wow, you are using some really old version of a plugin. Please update it to latest.

epicghani
    Participant

Oh wow, i didn’t knew the team was using an older version of the plugin. apparently they were using the version 1.7.4. We’ve updated the plugin now and are currently testing to build for IOS.

I appreciate all your help since from the start. I hope you can create more useful plugins for unity. Many thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.