Android OnApplicationPause stays Paused issue

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Android OnApplicationPause stays Paused issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tethip
    Participant

Hi,

I’m sorry to bother you with this again, but I really need you to fix the OnApplicationPause issue.

When someone makes something that call OnApplicationPause(true) (Home button, Overview button, in-app purchase, native share, etc.), if the in-app browser is oppened, OnApplicationPause(false) is never called when the user go back in the app.

That’s means NO Update(), NO in-app browser callbacks, NO javascript communication with Unity, no coroutine, nothing from Unity, just the web view.

That’s a critical issue.

Thanks for fixing it.

By the way, this is not an issue on iOS.

Tethip
    Participant

up

OnApplicationPause(true) is called when the browser is closed.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Tethip.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

If I send you source code is this something you could fix by yourself?

Tethip
    Participant

I could try to take a look, thank you.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sent it on your email

Tethip
    Participant

Got it.

I’ll keep you informed, but it will be after christmas holidays.

Thanks!

JuanM
    Participant

Hi! Im having the same problem. Were you able to solve it? Do you have a recommendation on what I can try?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Guys, I am pretty short on time recently. Could any of you take a look at it? I can give you an access to source code.

JuanM
    Participant

Sure thing.
    My email is juanignaciomolteni@gmail.com

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sent you github invite.

Vinay Meena
    Participant

Hello guys,

When someone makes something that call OnApplicationPause(true) (Home button, Overview button, in-app purchase, native share, etc.), if the in-app browser is oppened, OnApplicationPause(false) is never called when the user go back in the app.

That’s means NO Update(), NO in-app browser callbacks, NO javascript communication with Unity, no coroutine, nothing from Unity, just the web view.

That’s a critical issue.

I’m facing exactly same issue,When i minimize my game and come back again into game after few time,The inAppBrowser is stopped responding on OnJSCallback.(The following issue is not producible because it works sometimes in older versions of androids and not work in newer versions)
    Can anyone find out the solution about the OnApplicatioPause issue?
    Please let us know if anyone does.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Let me check that – probably plugin has to be updated so it will use latest Android SDK versions.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I am in contact with Unity technical support – I believe it’s some weird effect happening on their side. I tried to fix it on native side but couldn’t find any solution. Will keep you posted.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I might find some temporary workaround.
    You can try it out by replacing InAppBrowser.jar file from Plugins/Android with this file.

Vinay Meena, please let me know if it works for you.

Tethip
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

Sorry for the long time without answser, many other projects to work on.

I just tried the file with an old LG G3 running Android 5.0, with a basic app build with unity 2020.2.1f1.
    I had no OnApplicationPause problem when i go back to the app after pausing (I tried many ways to pause and go back for 5 minutes).
    Without this file, the bug was still here.

It looks like its working!

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.