Android access denied with correct permissions?

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Android access denied with correct permissions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    istagagames
    Participant

Hello and thanks for reading,

As a precursor, the API works flawlessly on my iPhone. The Android I’m using is an LG G5, and I’m on Android version 8.0.

I can’t get the demo to work on Android, if I print the status in-game it says the authorization status is “denied”. I did this by printing status in resultText.text from the OnAuthorizationStatusFetched function.

resultText.text = "Cannot use Speech Recognition, authorization status is " + status;

The docs say to move your Android manifest from the StagingArea to your Android folder of your Unity project. I didn’t find AndroidManifest.xml in StagingArea but I did find AndroidLauncherManifest-main.xml in StagingArea which I moved to my Project/Assets/Plugins/Android folder

Here is the text inside AndroidManifest-main.xml (now inside the Android folder), which has internet and audio enabled.

https://pastebin.com/cA7DPmnE

Thanks for your time.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Check this thread. Permissions have changed since Android 6.0.

EducupEducup
    Participant

Yes, use this. Maybe need to add this in the documentation official of this asset

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by EducupEducup.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.