As a precursor, the API works flawlessly on my iPhone. The Android I’m using is an LG G5, and I’m on Android version 8.0.
I can’t get the demo to work on Android, if I print the status in-game it says the authorization status is “denied”. I did this by printing status in resultText.text from the OnAuthorizationStatusFetched function.
resultText.text = "Cannot use Speech Recognition, authorization status is " + status;
The docs say to move your Android manifest from the StagingArea to your Android folder of your Unity project. I didn’t find AndroidManifest.xml in StagingArea but I did find AndroidLauncherManifest-main.xml in StagingArea which I moved to my Project/Assets/Plugins/Android folder
Here is the text inside AndroidManifest-main.xml (now inside the Android folder), which has internet and audio enabled.