Hey Guys, thanks for all the info. I am having the same issues converting our Language Learning app from IOS Native to Unity IOS, Android, and Magic Leap.
In my IOS project I used AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayAndRecord and had no issues. I tried Mansiva’s workaround on the KK plugin, but it did not work for me. I am using my own IOS Voice Synthesis plugin, and will probably need to create my own recognition plugin from my IOS code.
But I am never one to prefer reinventing the wheel. If I could have a copy of the source I would be happy to try fixing this problem with minimum changes, and share the result.