Version 2.0.0 not building on iOS

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser Version 2.0.0 not building on iOS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oneton
    Participant

Recently downloaded 2.0.0. Seems to work fine on Android but iOS complains about 40 duplicate symbols. Any possible fix?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey, have you removed old files?

SanketSanket
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

I have a similar problem, I removed all the old files Plugins folder and the entire InAppBrowser folder from the project. Then I import the updated 2.0.0 version from the Asset Store and I get below error in Xcode:

error: Build input file cannot be found: ‘/Users/tdpl/Documents/BuildsIphone/SooperpopTest/Libraries/Plugins/iOS/iOSInAppBrowser.mm’ (in target ‘Unity-iPhone’ from project ‘Unity-iPhone’)

Now, iOSInAppBrowser.mm file was there in the plugins/iOS folder along with below files
    InAppBrowserViewController.mm
    InAppBrowserViewController.h
    MyNativeBindings.mm
    OrientationNavigationViewController.h
    OrientationNavigationViewController.m

I deleted all of them before importing the version 2.0.0 and now the iOS folder just contains InAppWebBrowser.a file in Plugins/iOS folder.

Now when I keep all the above files and build with the latest 2.0.0 version, I get 26 duplicate symbols error.

What am I missing here? Could you please tell me what files to delete and what to keep while upgrading to 2.0.0?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

You should not have those files in Plugins/iOS:

• InAppBrowserViewController.h
    • InAppBrowserViewController.mm
    • iOSInAppBrowser.mm
    • OrientationNavigationViewController.h
    • OrientationNavigationViewController.m

I’m sorry, I thought Unity is smart enough to import plugins by deleting files which are not present in package.
    Also not sure what’s MyNativeBindings.mm but it’s not coming from IAB plugin.

Let me know if that helps!

SanketSanket
    Participant

If I remove all the files and just put ‘InAppWebBrowser.a’ in Plugins/iOS folder, then I get below error in Xcode build:

error: Build input file cannot be found: ‘/Users/tdpl/Documents/BuildsIphone/SooperpopTest/Libraries/Plugins/iOS/iOSInAppBrowser.mm’ (in target ‘Unity-iPhone’ from project ‘Unity-iPhone’)

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Easiest option is to regenerate xcode project.

You could also go to Build Phases and remove that file from project settings.

SanketSanket
    Participant

Cool, regenerating the Xcode project worked.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.