Lag when starting and stopping recognition

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Lag when starting and stopping recognition

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jslavitz
    Participant

I’m getting like 300ms of lag when calling the start or stop recording functions. Seems like there’s a stack trace that’s being executed, but it seems like there may be something else going on too. Is this expected behavior or did iOS11 mess things up or something?

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

I’ve checked it and noticed slight lag when clicking on a button. Wondering if you try to call startRecording code in background thread?
    I’ve taken a look at stack trace and it simply says it’s starting recording.

jslavitz
    Participant

Ok, interesting, that seems like it could potentially work. It does seem though like there is a stack trace debug message being issued that seems to take some time. I think it would make sense to at the very least take out that console log to get another few ms.

MrFalseEye
    Participant

Is there any solution to this? We are close to publishing our product but this is holding us back. The game briefly lags on iOS when the recording is started or stopped. This doesn’t happen on Android though.

mavisakal
    Participant

Hi MrFalseEye, Did you find a solution to lag problem. It becomes very annoying.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Got some time to look into it.
    Could you test my beta solution by:
    1. Downloading file here https://kokosoft.pl/beta/KKSpeechRecognizer.a.
    2. Replacing file from Plugins/iOS in your Unity project with downloaded file.
    3. Let me know if you see better results 🙂

mavisakal
    Participant

Hi Piotr,
    This fix works perfect. I haven’t had any lags when I pressed the record button.
    But I wonder what you have changed. Actually I wonder if there is a change in the functionality. Do I have to test it thoroughly? I don’t want to break my app cause I have to show a demo anytime soon.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by mavisakal.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by mavisakal.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Yes, I recommend rechecking. As I said – this is beta. 🙂
    Thanks for checking this out!

mavisakal
    Participant

Ok I’ve replaced the fixed KKSpeechRecognizer.a and will test it for a while. I’ll let you know if anything strange happens.

mavisakal
    Participant

Hi Piotr,
    I’ve tested the fixed KKSpeechRecognizer.a file for more than a month. I didn’t encounter any problems so far.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by mavisakal.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Cool, especially because I updated it on Asset Store long time ago 😉
    Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.