iPhone 6 audio output

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins In-App Web Browser iPhone 6 audio output

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chrischris
    Participant

Hey Piotr,

I already asked a question previously about video playback with a direct URL to the video. We now noticed that the audio output on an iPhone 6 runs over the ringtone channel instead of the media channel. Is it possible to switch the output to the media channel somehow?

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

I don’t know – not even sure what does it mean exactly. 🙂
    Does it mean sound isn’t played with main speaker?
    How can I reproduce it? Is it happening on iPhone6 only?

chrischris
    Participant

Hey Piotr,

sorry for being not clear enough. I had some trouble describing it properly and I was hoping you had some similar issue already and would understand.

The thing is we are playing videos in the WebView and users are expecting sound even when the iPhone 6 is muted via the hardware switch. YouTube also plays sound even when the iPhone is muted, but the WebView playback in your Plugin is muted.

You can also have a look at the overview table about AVAudioSession categories on this page:
    https://yahooeng.tumblr.com/post/133423436921/controlling-audio-output-on-ios-with

I think, the Plugin should use the Playback category so that the mute switch is ignored.

Thanks again,
    Chris

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by chrischris.
    PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Chris,
    I am terribly sorry for late answer. I’ve had chance to look at your issue and I think I found solution.
    I’ve added shouldUsePlaybackCategory property in order to control if audio should be played while phone is muted or not. I’ve sent updated package on your email. Please let me know if that worked out for you. If so, I’ll release plugin patch.

chrischris
    Participant

Hey Piotr,

Thank you very much for the effort and the custom version of your plugin! We tested it, but unfortunately that change didn’t make any difference. The audio is still muted when the hardware switch is turned to mute.

We will test around a bit more and we will let you know if we find something.

Thanks again!
    Chris

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Chris, are you sure you are using files I’ve sent you? You might have to completely rebuild your xcode project. Also make sure you are setting that property to true. I’ve tested in on my side and it’s giving effect you exactly want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.