GetLanguage()

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Precise Locale GetLanguage()

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LINK128
    Participant

Hi, I have Unity 5.6.3, Xcode 9.0, I use a device with iOS 11 and I have the latest version of preciseLocale. The GetLanguage () function always returns EN. Instead, the other functions work.

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thank you for your report. It seems to be OS bug. I will send you patched unitypackage. Can you try it out and let me know if you see better results with it?

Gillissie
    Participant

Hello,
    I just discovered the same issue. When running on iOS in Japanese language, it’s returning “en” for the language. I haven’t tried Japanese on Android yet. Also, I updated to the latest asset store version right before I posted this, just to be sure.

Gillissie
    Participant

I just verified that it works on Android, so it must be an iOS issue.

Gillissie
    Participant

Here are the results of the four functions on my iOS 11 device in Japanese language mode.
    GetLanguage(): en
    GetLanguageID(): ja_US
    GetCurrencyCode(): USD
    GetCurrencySymbol(): $

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hey @Gillissie, I’ve sent update .a on your email. Can you replace file you already have in Plugins/iOS and let me know if you worked for you?

sajames
    Participant

Hi @admin, I’m using version 1.5 from the asset store and am seeing the same issue as @gillissie with en returning GetLanguage for Japanese. Was this updated .a file included in version 1.5 if not would you be able to send it over to me? Many thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by sajames.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by sajames.
    pfay-fc
    Participant

Same issue here, only on iOS, region/code is fine, but language is always EN.

I’m on iOS 14.7.1.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.