Feature Request: Custom limited vocabulary

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Feature Request: Custom limited vocabulary

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ohiovr
    Participant

Hello,
    I like your unity asset a lot. There is one thing I wish it could do. I am trying to develop a kids educational app for reading where a sentence is read to them and then they read the sentence back and the computer trys to determine if it was said correctly. I’m doing this on iOS and the siri recognizer takes my simple common words and mistakes them for complex college level or obscure cultural references. For example the utterance said: “A rat” and I say “A rat” and it says “borat”. If I say “A fan” it says “amfam”.

I think the situation would be better if I could specifiy a limited vocabulary maybe limited to just the words in my book. By limiting the volcabulary siri won’t do wierd things like write borat or amfam. My book has a vocabulary of about 360 words. With a limited volcabulary your asset could do other things like voice control or narritive games a bit more reliably. Phrase recognition would be another useful additional feature.

If this would be possible I would love to see it implimented. Thank you and have a happy new year!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Sorry but plugin uses engine provided by OS under the hood, which means it is restricted with all limitations coming from it. There’s simply no API for it on Apple/Google side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.