Audio Session on iOS

Welcome! Forums Unity Plugins Mobile Speech Recognizer Audio Session on iOS

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    blistick
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as the others in this thread. I just purchased the asset, but I can’t use it unless I can still play audio while speech recognition is taking place.

Please help!

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Can you guys try this patched version?

1. Download file here,
    2. Replace KKSpeechRecognizer.a file inside Plugins/iOS

blistick
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

I just tried this (on my iPhone 6 running iOS 12.0.1) and am now able to play audio and get speech recognition at the same time. Great job!

There’s only one small issue. The audio volume level for playback is extremely low.

I found this comment online that may provide insight:

When recording audio, or configuring a Record or PlayAndRecord Audio Session, the iPhone switches from using the speaker (on the bottom) to using the smaller earphone (nearer the front top), which produces a lower sound volume.

Your app can override this default by setting the Audio Session kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideAudioRoute property to kAudioSessionOverrideAudioRoute_Speaker . See Apple's Audio Session API documentation for details.

Thanks for your help on this.

Best,

Barton

supergordon
    Participant

Hi Piotr,

I had the same issue with the patched version (simultaneous recording & playback works, but audio volume plays out of of top mini speaker only so v quiet). Is it possible to get another patch fix? Or source access?

Thanks!
    gordon

PiotrPiotr
    Keymaster

Sure, what’s your github handle?

supergordon
    Participant

gordonmidwood

thank-you!

blistick
    Participant

Piotr, could I please get github access as well? My github handle is blistick.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.